You may like to light a candle and have a moment of silence between each line to remember those for whom you especially need to pray.
- For adult survivors of sexual abuse
- For children suffering sexual abuse now
- For the partners, friends and families of survivors
- For churches, schools and national institutions, that they may grow in awareness and sensitivity
- For leaders in all areas of life, that they may put in place wise and effective policies and procedures for child protection
- For survivors from ethnic groups who may suffer the additional hurts of racism
- For all who speak out on this issue and who work to promote education, training and understanding
- For all those who know about abuse and refuse to speak out that they may have the courage to do so
- For the men and women who perpetrate these crimes, that they may come to a real understanding of the harm that they do and take responsibility to stop such behaviour
This prayer is based on a postcard produced by CSSA in the 1990s.